Chinese woman accidentally gets neck trapped in sidewalk fence and suffocates to death
March 31, 2016 - Uncategorized
A pregnant woman in northern China suffocated to death on a busy sidewalk after her head somehow slipped into a street fence and got stuck.
The freak accident, which happened in the northern Shaanxi province earlier this week, has shocked many in the country who are used to seeing the common white-painted metal guard rails along city streets.
An eyewitness told The Paper that the woman had knelt by the road to rest, but accidentally got stuck in the railing. Passers-by tried to pry the rails apart to free her, but failed to, and she died before the ambulance arrived. Read more…