You Design. We HTML.

Almond butter vs. peanut butter: A food-off between everyone's favorite spread

March 26, 2016 - Uncategorized



There was always an open jar of reduced-fat Jif in our pantry when I was growing up. “It’s healthier,” Mom said as she slathered two pieces of frozen whole wheat bread with the peanut butter, gave each side a heavy-handed dusting of cinnamon sugar, slapped the bread together, and dropped the sandwich into a ziplock bag for school lunch.

SEE ALSO: Light, crunchy, and sweet: What’s not to like about honey almond popcorn balls?

So when I found out that reduced-fat peanut butter wasn’t actually that good for you, I was floored. What I learned: It has tons of added sugar, is only 60% peanuts (what’s the other 40%!?), and by the way, has a mere 4 grams less fat than the regular, full-fat version. It was as if someone had just come up to me and explained that the world is actually flat and my entire life is a lie. I couldn’t comprehend it. Read more…

More about Recipes, Healthy Eating, Food, Almond Butter, and Peanut Butter
Source: Mashable

› tags: Creative /