After six months of sickness, 5-year-old blows safety pin from nose
March 2, 2016 - Uncategorized
For six months, 5-year-old Khloe Russell was battling what seemed to be a nasty sinus infection. Unfortunately, no antibiotics seemed to help. Last weekend, Khloe’s uncle said, “Your nose, it’s disgusting. Blow your nose, blow your nose.'” She did, and a blackened, disintegrating safety pin emerged. Khloe feels much better now. From UPI:
“She found a safety pin and being a kid wanted to stick it up there to see how far it would go and thought she dropped it not realizing it had lodged itself in her nose. We went to the same doctor and to urgent cares contracted through our doctors when there wasn’t an available appointment. All the doctors looked up her nose but didn’t see anything. My daughter didn’t mention anything because she didn’t realize it had gone into her nose,” Powell wrote in the comments to this UPI story.
Powell also told UPI that she’s getting “some of the most horrendous hate mail in regards to my parenting skills. I hope people can understand that this can happen to their children and that it doesn’t make their children stupid for doing it or not saying anything after.”
Source: Boing Boing